Horch 1A 1:25 ,Modelik
|I have glued the parts to 1mm karton, and since there are no instructions in the book for this part I just followed the markings on the upper frame to see where the parts should go..
||The framework is assembled and the two last parts are ready to go inn.
||Here I have started to cover up the front.I wanted for a while to cut the airholes in the hood and sides, but decided to let that go......I tried on another part just to see how it looked, and it was very difficult to make it look good/real
The front fenders added
|The rear seat.Drawing of the seat.
||Straight forward assembly.The seat parts glued to 1mm karton, sanded to make the edges "round".The seats are sanded a bit on two places on the front edge to make them look kind of worn with the arseprint on the seats.
The back of the seat are also glued to 1mm karton,sanded and painted and glued to the "wall".
||The floor protection in place
||I also started to make the pedals.One glued in place
The construction report of the second back seat.
The seats and walls are almost identical , so I'm just posting one report on them.
The drawing is the same as for the first seat I made.
|The rear "wall" which is the base for the rear storage room.
||The inside of the fenders was a bit tricky to get nicely done......
||Here are the parts to be used.The seatparts and the one wall part is glued to 1mm karton.
||The parts are glued together and grinded to make the edges round.Here we also can see that I have grinded the seatmarks to make the seats look more used.
|The different parts are assembled, the wall, the back of the seat, the seatbase and the lower part of the seat.
||The seatback is glued to the wall, and the seat is glued to it's base and painted.
||The front wall and seat are glued into place.
||Here I have glued the spare tires fenders into place
|The 3 pedals are also glued together with the torpedo wall.
||Some chalkdust have been applied.
||The right side is glued in place.
||Seen from inside
||Drawing of the handbrake.
||Drawing of the gearhandles
||Gearhandles and handbrake in place
|Another view of the handles.
||Drawing of the rear end
||Making the hinges
The front seats
|The drawing of the seats.
||The frame is cutted out of 0,5mm karton, and seat and back is glued to 1mm karton.
||The seat assembled.
||Some chalkdust added to make it look more dirty
||Placed into the car.
|| Here are the second front seat.Parts cutted out and ready for assembly
||Here I have grinded the parts on the sides to make the round shape of the cushions.
|I used my score tool to make the "seams" in the "leather".
||Both seats in place.
|The drawing of the suspension
||An overview over the underside with two of the supporters for the springs in place
||The original springs was made of paper, and I didn't think it looked good enough, so I made some springs of 1mm copperwire.To be sure the springs are placed correct and will stay there I had to make a centersupporter for tthem of some 3mm roundstick.
||The springs in place
|First I cutted out the parts from 0,5mm karton
||4 small rolled tubes was to be made for each arm....that makes 8 rolls for each wheel, and 32 stk totally....I used a 1mm drill to roll against.
||Here I have made the rolls for the two arms.
||The small rolls placed on the part
|parts painted and ready
||Parts for the spring supporter.
||I added a wooden rod to center the spring.
||Spring in place
Finishing the rear suspension,steering and the arms.
|A closer look at the steering and suspension
||Top down view
||The wheel placed where it belongs
||Both sides done
||Both front and rear suspension and steering done
Finishing some details.
||Closeup of the exhaust tank
||Closeup of the step
|Adding the wheels
||Now the car stands on it's own wheels!
||One of the towing wires and the hooks are in place, also the licenceplate
||The rear splashguards
||Adding doors and windows
||The roof is adjusted to fit
||Doors can be opened
The car is now done!! This was a fun build,with not many surprises along the way.A few errors in the kit,but nothing that can't be fixed.
Gallery of the finished model is HERE
ŠJohnny Svensson 2007